(cover photo via trekearth.com)
Ireland. Castles. Greenery. Hiking. Pubs. Fresh seafood.
London. Friends. Beatles. Royal Family. More pubs.
Can you tell I am excited for our upcoming trip? The lists above are some of the things I am most looking forward to! I have been reading a lot about both Ireland and London to have an idea of what we might want to see. Alex has been to neither Ireland nor England. I have been to Ireland, but only to Dublin, so I am very much looking forward to seeing more of the country. I have also been to London, but only once when I was 16 for a very short stop so I almost feel as if I will be visiting for the first time. We will be staying with one of my good friends from college and her family in London so I can’t wait to catch up with her and see her British lifestyle!
A rough outline of our itinerary:
Dublin –> Galway –> Dingle –> Killarney –> Cork –> London –> Dublin
Some things we are planning or would like to do in Ireland:
- See the Book of Kells at Trinity College in Dublin
- Ride bikes around Dublin
- Visit the Guinness Factory in Dublin
- Drive some of the Wild Atlantic Way
- See the Cliffs of Moher
- Kiss the Blarney Stone
- Hike in Killarney National Park
Some things we are planning or would like to do in London:
- Spend time with my good friend Ashley and her family
- Visit Buckingham Palace and Kensington Gardens (fingers crossed for a Duchess Kate sighting!)
- Take the quintessential Abbey Road picture
- Visit a Harry Potter film location
- Mind the Gap (had to throw that in there!)
- Ride the London Eye
- See the House of Parliament
- Buy something that Kate would wear
Also, we are staying in some beautiful hotels that I am so eager to see. I cannot wait to share our trip with you when we return! Have you been to any of the cities we are visiting? Please share your recommendations!
And just for good measure, a photo of my favorite family:
You may be interested in…
- Where to go in Ireland
- Lonely Planet article on the Wild Atlantic Way
- 5 Perfect Dublin itineraries
- Walks and tours in London